Bethel Primitive Methodist Chapel (aka Sewell’s Church) was built in the 1840s on Lot 28, Concession C, Scarborough Township, east side of Kennedy Road, just south of Eglinton Avenue. The church was destroyed by fire in about 1879, leaving only Bethel Pioneer Cemetery (SCR-002) to mark the spot.
This publication includes a transcription of the burial register, 1834 to 1989, approximately 370 interments. Every legible word on the 90 gravestones was transcribed. The booklet includes an introduction, photos, plot map, and is indexed. The index can also be consulted in The Ontario Name Index.