Zion-Wexford Cemetery, Scarborough


A transcription of the grave markers
By Toronto Branch OGS, published 1993
8.5 x 11 inches, 22 pages
PDF Download


Zion-Wexford Cemetery (SCR-016) is located at 2101 Lawrence Avenue E., formerly Lot 32, Concession 1. The land was acquired in 1842 by a Primitive Methodist congregation and known as Twaddle’s Chapel. It was renamed Parsonage Church in 1857, and sold to the Presbyterian Church who renamed it Zion. The congregation joined the United Church in 1925.

Every legible word on the approximately 85 gravestones was transcribed. The booklet includes an introduction, photos, plot map and an index of the more than 275 names. The index can also be consulted in The Ontario Name Index.