The land for St. John’s Anglican Church and burial ground (TRN-009), at Kingston Road and Woodbine Avenue in Toronto, was donated by Charles Coxwell Small in 1853 to serve the community of Norway in York Township. Expanded to some 35 acres, St. John’s Norway became an important inter-denominational cemetery. This transcription of the burial markers took 20 years to complete. Every legible word on each gravestone has been transcribed, including the names of monument makers when they are present. The publication includes an introduction, photos, and maps. There are about 55,000 names in the index.
The index can also be consulted in The Ontario Name Index.