The Mirror was a weekly was founded by Charles Donlevy and Patrick McTavey in June 1837. It was a Roman Catholic Reform paper “devoted to the attainment of an independent local government”, and carried a great deal of Irish news. In 1842 the name was changed to Toronto Mirror, published by Charles Donlevy and edited by C. P. O’Dwyer. The book includes a short history of the paper, users’ guide, a list of selected articles of interest, full extracts of births, marriages, and deaths (from Toronto and far beyond, particularly in Ireland), and a complete index. The index can also be consulted in The Ontario Name Index.