This is a history of St. Eugene’s Chapel established in 1941 on Regina Avenue near Bathurst Street between Lawrence and Wilson Avenues. But it is also a wonderful history of the the Roman Catholic community that grew in the early 20th century to support it. Reflecting the subdivision of farmland in York Township (now Toronto) and the influx of post First World War immigration, the book incorporates many interviews from local residents as well as archival research. Packed with names of clergy and community members who served in volunteer capacities, the book includes reproductions of the baptismal registers from 1949 to 1957, marriage registers from 1950 to 1957 and 1979 to 1991, as well as transcribed lists of baptisms from 1979 to 1991 and funerals 1950 to 1957 and 1980 to 1991.
Note: This copy is from a library. The dust jacket is intact, but faded along the spine. There are two stickers on the front cover, a date stamp on the flyleaf and library name stamps on the half-title and title pages. The lower edge of the front board is slightly stained from minor moisture damage. No indication of mold. The interior is in pristine condition.